- (no plural/sin plural) to have o hold a watching brief tener* un papel de observadorMore example sentences
- Our aim has always been to see this building serving the needs of the community so we will carry on with our watching brief.
- It's something we can keep a watching brief on, but at the moment it's not a community safety issue.
- We are here in an advisory position and will keep a watching brief on it.
Definition of watching brief in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the