- (no pl) to have o hold a watching brief tener* un papel de observadorMore example sentences
- Our aim has always been to see this building serving the needs of the community so we will carry on with our watching brief.
- It's something we can keep a watching brief on, but at the moment it's not a community safety issue.
- We are here in an advisory position and will keep a watching brief on it.
Definition of watching brief in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.