Translation of watershed in Spanish:
- 1 (Geography) 1.1 (divide)línea (feminine) divisoria de aguas
divisoria (feminine) de aguasExample sentences1.2 (drainage basin) (US)
- In the Marin watershed on Pumpkin Ridge, Davidson showed me a site where Rizzo and other scientists had injected some healthy coast live oaks with P. ramorum.
- O'Grady and Geslin were still in the lead, some hundred miles into the stage, when the peloton climbed steadily into the area known as Le Forez, the watershed between the rivers Saone and Rhone.
- These included aggregations sampled along parallel watersheds in the Madawaska Highlands for examining fine geographic scale population structure.
- The Penobscot River drains the largest watershed in Maine and is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's flagship river for the restoration of Atlantic salmon in the country.
- These sources are particularly important because the rivers drain watersheds that don't receive much summer rainfall and where rates of evaporation are relatively high.
- Opponents of the project worry the resulting salty waste water will find its way into the local watershed and into river systems leading south into Montana.
- 2 (turning point) to mark a watershedmarcar un hitothis year has been a watershed for the textile industryeste año ha sido decisivo or crucial para la industria textil(before noun) (event/year)
- This essay starts from the observation that the 1993 general election marked a major watershed in Canadian party politics.
- Publication of this story marks a watershed in American political history.
- The Kosovo War was a watershed event that profoundly changed the political situation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.