- 1 [Geog] 1.1 (divide) (línea (f)) divisoria (f) de aguasMore example sentences1.2 (drainage basin) (AmE) cuenca (f)
More example sentences
- In the Marin watershed on Pumpkin Ridge, Davidson showed me a site where Rizzo and other scientists had injected some healthy coast live oaks with P. ramorum.
- O'Grady and Geslin were still in the lead, some hundred miles into the stage, when the peloton climbed steadily into the area known as Le Forez, the watershed between the rivers Saone and Rhone.
- These included aggregations sampled along parallel watersheds in the Madawaska Highlands for examining fine geographic scale population structure.
- The Penobscot River drains the largest watershed in Maine and is the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's flagship river for the restoration of Atlantic salmon in the country.
- These sources are particularly important because the rivers drain watersheds that don't receive much summer rainfall and where rates of evaporation are relatively high.
- Opponents of the project worry the resulting salty waste water will find its way into the local watershed and into river systems leading south into Montana.
- 2 (turning point) to mark a watershed marcar* un hito this year has been a watershed for the textile industry este año ha sido decisivo or crucial para la industria textil (before n) [event/year] decisivoMore example sentences
- This essay starts from the observation that the 1993 general election marked a major watershed in Canadian party politics.
- Publication of this story marks a watershed in American political history.
- The Kosovo War was a watershed event that profoundly changed the political situation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.