- 1.1 (of, like water) acuoso he went to a watery grave [literario/literary] el mar fue su tumba [literario/literary]More example sentences1.2 [beer/gravy] aguado, aguachento (CS)
More example sentences1.3 [eyes] lloroso
- He had to be guided through these uncharted, watery jungles.
- The lymph fluid originates from the interstitial fluid, the watery environment that surrounds the cells of our bodies.
- Saliva is a watery fluid that helps to wash away and neutralise the acid.
More example sentences1.4 [color] deslavazado the paint was a watery blue la pintura era de un azul deslavazado
- Their blueberry sauce managed to be thick but watery and tasteless at the same time.
- Another potential problem is thin, watery paint that runs under the leaf, obscuring its shape.
- It was a thin meal, a watery gruel tossed into a large pot which each slave was allowed to take five handfuls from.
More example sentences
- He could tell that I was shocked because my eyes were watery.
- She had really been crying in her sleep, she guessed, since her eyes were very watery, and her cheeks felt tight from the dried salty tears.
- Brett searched her watery eyes and his heart broke for her.
- The light is weak and watery and the air reeks of woodsmoke, but at least it is not raining, a blessing to those who must spend a long, laborious day harvesting olives ahead of the inevitable frost.
- Anyway, his performance is pretty watery and weak and blah.
- With a sigh of relief she had watched the steel grey clouds roll away and watery sunshine glimmer through.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.