Translation of watery in Spanish:
- 1 (of, like water) he went to a watery grave [literary]el mar fue su tumba [literary]Example sentences
- He had to be guided through these uncharted, watery jungles.
- The lymph fluid originates from the interstitial fluid, the watery environment that surrounds the cells of our bodies.
- Saliva is a watery fluid that helps to wash away and neutralise the acid.
- 2Example sentences
- Their blueberry sauce managed to be thick but watery and tasteless at the same time.
- Another potential problem is thin, watery paint that runs under the leaf, obscuring its shape.
- It was a thin meal, a watery gruel tossed into a large pot which each slave was allowed to take five handfuls from.
- 4(color)the paint was a watery blue
deslavazadola pintura era de un azul deslavazadoExample sentences
- The light is weak and watery and the air reeks of woodsmoke, but at least it is not raining, a blessing to those who must spend a long, laborious day harvesting olives ahead of the inevitable frost.
- Anyway, his performance is pretty watery and weak and blah.
- With a sigh of relief she had watched the steel grey clouds roll away and watery sunshine glimmer through.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.