- 1.1 cera (feminine) candle wax cera de vela furniture wax cera para muebles (before noun/delante del nombre) [candle/model/doll] de cera wax polish cera (feminine) abrillantadoraMore example sentences1.2
(earwax)cera (feminine) (de los oídos), cerumen (masculine) 1.3(sealing wax)lacre (masculine)
- Raw pigments and heated wax create translucent textures and surfaces.
- The raindrops ran like melted wax on his white cheeks.
- The tears were the silent burning kind that slide down your cheeks like hot wax down a candle.
- 1.1 (treat with wax) [floor/table/skis] encerarMore example sentences1.2 (to remove hair) depilar con cera she has her legs waxed se depila las piernas con cera
More example sentences
- If a brass or copper lamp does not have a special no-tarnish finish, you can polish it or wax it after you wash and dry it.
- That afternoon we polished and shined, swept and dusted, washed and waxed every nook and cranny of the little house while Madam Cuffy cooked the banquet.
- If you shine it, wax it, wash it, admire it, take photographs of it and never use it, what's the point?
- Robert has already had his arms and legs waxed to remove unwanted hair.
- Although it's safe to say that body waxes are generally more popular among gay men than heterosexual males, waxing your body hair has nothing to do with your sexuality.
- From dressing for a beach wedding to waxing your body hair and tucking in shirts properly, we've got your fashion fix.
- 1 (increase) [moon] crecer* his popularity waxed and waned su popularidad sufrió muchos altibajosMore example sentences
- The moon waxed full, looming huge upon the speckled expanse.
- People who grew up there are strongly attached to the tribal system, which to them seems as natural and morally right as the sun rising in the east and the moon waxing and waning.
- The moon was waxing, and I was sure it would be full the next night.