Translation of weakling in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in body — person) alfeñique (masculine) the weakling of the herd el debilucho de la manadaExample sentences1.2 (in character) pelele (masculine) [colloquial/familiar]
- According to John Wright, the virus is already in the soil everywhere, and has been for centuries, and it only breaks out when there are susceptible weaklings in the animal kingdom who have suffered nutritionally.
- I found it hard to stand there with the likes of him and not feel like a nine-stone weakling.
- Bill was the original nine-stone weakling and not in good health when his call-up papers arrived.
- ‘Our power is wielded by weaklings and cowards, and our honour is false in all its points’.
- She could recall the total disgust that she had felt towards such a cowardly weakling who would cry before his peers; it was revolting.
- Stand up to the foe; he is a weakling and a coward!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.