Translation of weather in Spanish:
- good/bad weatherbuen/mal tiempoin hot weathercuando hace calorwhat's the weather like?
en tiempo caluroso¿cómo está el tiempo?what's the weather like in Mexico?
¿qué tiempo hace?¿qué clima tiene México?you can't go out in this weatherno puedes salir con este tiempoweather permittingsi hace buen tiempothey work outdoors in all weathers countable
si el tiempo no lo impidetrabajan a la intemperie haga el tiempo que hagato be under the weatherno estar or [colloquial] no andar muy biento make heavy weather of something/
-ingyou're making very heavy weather of sewing that button on!¡qué manera de complicarse la vida para coser un simple botón!(before noun) (map/chart)weather bureau (in US)
meteorológicoservicio (masculine) meteorológicoweather conditionsestado (masculine) or condiciones (feminine plural) del tiempoa weather eyekeep a weather eye open for a drugstoreestáte atento a ver si ves una farmaciashe cocked a weather eye at the kidsles echó un vistazo a los chicosExample sentences
- Due to the bad weather, torrential rain and wind, the game was halted after the first half.
- After basking in hot summer sunshine, the weather broke and torrential rain and flash floods brought chaos across Greater Manchester.
- The Met Office has predicted an unsettled period of weather with rain and wind.
- 1 1.1 (wear)(rocks)
erosionar(surface)the wind and rain have weathered the castle walls
desgastarel viento y la lluvia les han dado una pátina a los muros del castilloher face had been weathered by the sun and windtenía el rostro curtido por el sol y el vientothe rock has been weathered smoothla roca se ha alisado por efecto de la intemperieExample sentences1.2
- Old, his face was weathered and wrinkled, but he always had a smile for the strange woman and her sporadic emotional outbursts.
- A small crevice in the cliff allowed them passage, into a very small, shadowy space between many boulders and the remains of a gnarled, weathered tree.
- Bill Harney has the gnarled hands and weathered hat of a lifetime's work with cattle.
- 2 (survive) the ship weathered the stormel barco capeó la tormentathey managed to weather the oil shortagese las arreglaron para hacerle frente a or para capear la escasez de petróleosee → storm 1 1Example sentences
- The news was welcomed by traders in the city who have weathered a difficult winter, as they vowed to keep up the momentum.
- We have been able, therefore, to weather a very difficult economic climate.
- ‘We have successfully weathered the most difficult times in recent years,’ chairman and managing director Lo Yuk-sui said.
erosionarse(surface)stone weathers well
desgastarsela piedra resiste bien los efectos de la intemperieExample sentences
- Materials have weathered well in the ten years since the building was completed.
- Requiring no artificial preservative, the wood weathers naturally and turning silver with age will merge into water and sky.
- As carbonate rocks weather, the insoluble fractions are introduced into the cave deposits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.