- 1(spider's web)1.1 telaraña (f) the spider spins its web la araña teje su tela 1.2 (of cloth) tejido (m)More example sentences1.3 (structure) a web of intrigue una red de intriga a web of lies una maraña de mentiras
- Every woman made her web and bleached it herself, and the price never rose higher than 2 shillings a yard, and with this cloth almost everyone was clothed.
- I need not remind my readers of the connection always maintained in classical poetry and legend between the spider and the weaver, the spinner and the web. Even in our vernacular we speak of ‘the web’ on the loom, and the fable of Arachne has blended itself with almost all thought on the subject.
- 2 (on bird's, frog's foot) membrana (f) interdigitalMore example sentences
- Then, as the duck draws its foot forward and brings the toes together, the web folds up so there is less resistance to the water.
- His feet are rather large, but the web is not wide as in ducks.
- 3 [Comput] the Web oweb la or el web World Wide Web telaraña (f) mundial (before n) web design diseño (m) de páginas web web designer diseñador, -dora (m,f) de páginas webMore example sentences
- Almost half of all the Danish Internet population are using the Web for banking and tax purposes.
- Thankfully, when it all gets too much, the Web has some quick fixes for my addiction.
- Again and again, the history of the Web shows us the value of relinquishing control.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.