Translation of weed in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (wild plant) hierbajo (masculine), mala hierba (feminine), yuyo (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , maleza (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) he's shot up like a weed (American English/inglés norteamericano) ha pegado un estirón 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (aquatic growth) algas (feminine plural)Example sentences
- The weed impedes water's natural flow and can destroy native communities of aquatic plants and animals.
- There's plenty of weed growing around them, and although not particularly pleasant to look at, among its folds you will see plenty of hovering juvenile pike.
- The west bank is more sandy and shallow with weed growing, and the opposite bank more rocky and deeper.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (marijuana) [slang/argot] hierba (feminine) [slang/argot], monte (masculine) (Central America/América Central) (Colombia) (Venezuela) [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (tobacco) [slang/argot] [dated/anticuado] the weed el cigarrilloExample sentences
- You may have heard it called marijuana, weed or hash but it is still cannabis, a natural drug that comes from a plant.
- He never touched weed, cocaine or anything else.
- On Villa Road there are kids selling crack, weed and cocaine.
- But the first time these two came into contact with each other, they had to share the spotlight with, yes, the weed, tobacco.
- Do addicts of the demon weed, tobacco, experience increased pleasure from life as a result of smoking tobacco?
- ‘I have always been a bit of a weed, to be honest, and I am always being told to try weight training and go to a gym,’ he said.
- ‘Well, some thought he was a bit of a weed, but he doesn't come around anymore,’ he quipped.
- 3 countable/numerable (feeble person) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], alfeñique (masculine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.