Translation of weigh in Spanish:
- 1(person/load/food)to weigh oneselfpesarseExample sentences
- The buckets were then weighed and the heaviest amount won.
- Many industries developed their own very specific scales designed to weigh particular items.
- Michael, who was so large his GP's scales could not weigh him, has lost almost 20 inches from his waist - and he's still shrinking.
- 2 (consider)(factors/arguments/evidence)I'd advise you to weigh your words carefullyto weigh somethingte aconsejaría que midas tus palabras
againstsomethingcomparar algo conalgocontraponer algo aalgoExample sentences
- Every act must be carefully weighed before a decision is made to see whether it meets the strict ethical criteria.
- The positive and negative aspects need to be weighed and then a decision is to be taken.
- The selection of a particular value for a benefit-cost or net benefit analysis must be carefully weighed against the objectives of the analysis.
- 1 (measure in weight)(person/load/food)how much o what do you weigh? this bag weighs a ton! [colloquial]¡esta bolsa pesa un quintal or una tonelada!Example sentences
- Olivia was born weighing a healthy 5lb 12 oz.
- Luke is born prematurely weighing only one pound and four ounces.
- The calf weighed a healthy 30 pounds and was 3 feet long.
- 1.1 (impose weight on) See examples: the bag was weighing me down
- 1verb + adverb 1.1 (boxer/runner)they haven't weighed in yet
- it still weighed heavily on her conscience
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.