Translation of weir in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dam) presa (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (trap) encañizada (feminine)
- Reduced river flows, brought about by the construction of dams, weirs and water diversions, compound the problem.
- Upstream of the weir the River Wharfe was glassy smooth with rising trout and cruising ducks, down river the water boiled amongst the smooth white rocks.
- The Derwent at Sutton is also worth a visit, with plenty of roach showing in the deeper water upstream of the weir.
- Fishermen use weirs, traps, gill nets, and dip nets for alewives, which they consider one of the easiest fish to catch.
- Trouble began in the spring of 1816 when Judge Cooper built a weir, a fish trap, across the St. Jones River to catch migrating shad and herring.
- Men are responsible for line and weir fishing, hunting, gardening, and the felling of trees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.