- 1.1 (dam) presa (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (trap) encañizada (feminine)
More example sentences
- Reduced river flows, brought about by the construction of dams, weirs and water diversions, compound the problem.
- Upstream of the weir the River Wharfe was glassy smooth with rising trout and cruising ducks, down river the water boiled amongst the smooth white rocks.
- The Derwent at Sutton is also worth a visit, with plenty of roach showing in the deeper water upstream of the weir.
- Fishermen use weirs, traps, gill nets, and dip nets for alewives, which they consider one of the easiest fish to catch.
- Trouble began in the spring of 1816 when Judge Cooper built a weir, a fish trap, across the St. Jones River to catch migrating shad and herring.
- Men are responsible for line and weir fishing, hunting, gardening, and the felling of trees.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.