- 1.1 (dam) presa (f)More example sentences1.2 (trap) encañizada (f)
More example sentences
- Reduced river flows, brought about by the construction of dams, weirs and water diversions, compound the problem.
- Upstream of the weir the River Wharfe was glassy smooth with rising trout and cruising ducks, down river the water boiled amongst the smooth white rocks.
- The Derwent at Sutton is also worth a visit, with plenty of roach showing in the deeper water upstream of the weir.
- Fishermen use weirs, traps, gill nets, and dip nets for alewives, which they consider one of the easiest fish to catch.
- Trouble began in the spring of 1816 when Judge Cooper built a weir, a fish trap, across the St. Jones River to catch migrating shad and herring.
- Men are responsible for line and weir fishing, hunting, gardening, and the felling of trees.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.