- 1 (well-being) bienestar (masculine)More example sentences
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 (social aid) 2.1 (assistance) asistencia (feminine) social; (before noun/delante del nombre) [program] de asistencia social welfare organization organización (feminine) de asistencia social 2.2 (payment) (American English/inglés norteamericano) prestaciones (feminine plural) sociales to be on welfare recibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialMore example sentences
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.