Translation of welfare in Spanish:
- 1 (well-being)Example sentences
- He said that the health, safety and welfare of officers was always of concern.
- Provision for the pupils' care, health, safety and welfare is very good.
- After a month or so a programme of home visits begins, and enquiries are made about the health and general welfare of each family.
- 2 (social aid) 2.1 (assistance)(before noun) (program)welfare organization
de asistencia socialorganización (feminine) de asistencia social2.2 (payment)(American English)to be on welfare
prestaciones (feminine plural) socialesrecibir prestaciones de la seguridad socialExample sentences
- We know that real jobs are a better guarantee of prosperity for the unemployed than welfare.
- The workers are demanding an expansion and prompt payment of welfare benefits to the unemployed.
- The Government wants to keep putting up taxes in order to support its welfare expenditure.
Cultural Note: Welfare
En EEUU el término "welfare" y "welfare programs" se usa para referirse a las distintas formas de ayuda gubernamental a disposición de los pobres, los enfermos, los desempleados y otras personas desfavorecidas. Los programas incluyen Medicare y Medicaid y Food Stamps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.