Translation of well-rounded in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (predicative/predicativo well rounded)
- 1.1 [life/education] completo, equilibrado; [person] polifacéticoExample sentences1.2 [figure/woman] curvilíneo
- It was important not to concentrate wholly on the academic but to develop well-rounded people, while the academic aspects were also very important.
- However, there is a determined emphasis on developing well-rounded individuals.
- ‘The school enables children to develop as mature, well-rounded individuals with respect and care for others,’ inspectors concluded.
- Yet the whole point of citing Monroe was that she had a well-rounded figure, demonstrating that it's not only OK but sexy to be big in hips or tummy.
- Girls, boys, old people - even the famously well-rounded female population of Fiji is falling victim to fat fears.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to