Translation of west in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) oeste (masculine) the west,, the West el oeste, el Oeste it lies to the west of the city está al oeste de la ciudad the wind is blowing from o is in the west el viento sopla or viene del oeste or Oeste it faces the west da or mira al oeste west by north oeste cuarta al noroeste west-northwest oesnoroesteExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the west, the West el oeste the west of Europe el oeste de Europa a town in the west of Wales una ciudad del or en el oeste de Gales
- Allithwaite, which lies to the west of Grange, north of Kents Bank, is also close to picturesque Humphrey Head, the tallest limestone cliff in Cumbria.
- This beguiling little loch lies in the hills to the west of Ashkirk and north of Hawick, nestling between Belmanshaws and the Dod at a height of 320 metres.
- Developers want to put up a series ultra-modern buildings directly to the west of the train station.
- Santa Fe sits at seven thousand feet, and the desert dust in the air produces sunset colors that fill the sky, not only in the west, but all around the compass.
- It points to every direction on the compass, north, south, east and west… what more do you want.
- Poets came from all points of the compass in Cumbria, north, south, east and west - and also from north Lancashire.
- 2the West 2.1 (the Occident) (el) Occidente (masculine) 2.2 [Politics/Política] [History/Historia] el OesteExample sentences2.3 (in US) el Oeste (americano)
- They are in no mood to take lessons, moral or otherwise, from the west.
- The monastic movement began in the Christian east, soon spreading to the west.
- The following year he defected to the west.
- al oeste the house faces west la casa da or está orientada al oeste we sailed west navegamos hacia el or en dirección oeste west
ofsth al oeste dealgo it is west of Atlanta está al oeste de Atlanta out west (in US) en el oeste to go west (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] [thing/chance] irse* al garete [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is La Candelaria (Candlemas). An occasion for celebrations and parades in many Spanish-speaking countries.