Translation of west in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) the west,, the West it lies to the west of the cityestá al oeste de la ciudadthe wind is blowing from o is in the westel viento sopla or viene del oeste or Oesteit faces the westda or mira al oestewest by northoeste cuarta al noroestewest-northwestExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the west, the West the west of Europe
- Allithwaite, which lies to the west of Grange, north of Kents Bank, is also close to picturesque Humphrey Head, the tallest limestone cliff in Cumbria.
- This beguiling little loch lies in the hills to the west of Ashkirk and north of Hawick, nestling between Belmanshaws and the Dod at a height of 320 metres.
- Developers want to put up a series ultra-modern buildings directly to the west of the train station.
el oeste de Europaa town in the west of Walesuna ciudad del or en el oeste de Gales
- Santa Fe sits at seven thousand feet, and the desert dust in the air produces sunset colors that fill the sky, not only in the west, but all around the compass.
- It points to every direction on the compass, north, south, east and west… what more do you want.
- Poets came from all points of the compass in Cumbria, north, south, east and west - and also from north Lancashire.
- 2the West 2.1 (the Occident)(el) Occidente (masculine)2.2 (Politics, History)Example sentences2.3 (in US)
- They are in no mood to take lessons, moral or otherwise, from the west.
- The monastic movement began in the Christian east, soon spreading to the west.
- The following year he defected to the west.
- al oestethe house faces westla casa da or está orientada al oestewe sailed westnavegamos hacia el or en dirección oestewest
ofsomethingal oesteit is west of Atlanta dealgoestá al oeste de Atlantaout west (in US)en el oesteto go west (British English) [colloquial] (thing/chance)irse al garete [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.