- 1 (while, on the other hand) mientras que, en tanto que [formal]More example sentences
More example sentences
- She's the one who is moving on whereas her parents are stuck with the story, are stuck in the past.
- He lived through his era, whereas so many of his friends died in racing accidents.
- Nanjing has also in the past been the capital of China, whereas now Beijing has that role.
- Negligence depends on a breach of duty, whereas contributory negligence does not.
- Thus Mr Smith is now the respondent to this appeal, whereas Mr Clark was the claimant below.
- The desks have damaged the walls, whereas a more appropriate choice could have prevented such damage.
- 2 [formal] (since) considerando que, por cuanto
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.