- 1 (while, on the other hand) mientras que, en tanto que [formal]More example sentences
More example sentences
- She's the one who is moving on whereas her parents are stuck with the story, are stuck in the past.
- He lived through his era, whereas so many of his friends died in racing accidents.
- Nanjing has also in the past been the capital of China, whereas now Beijing has that role.
- Negligence depends on a breach of duty, whereas contributory negligence does not.
- Thus Mr Smith is now the respondent to this appeal, whereas Mr Clark was the claimant below.
- The desks have damaged the walls, whereas a more appropriate choice could have prevented such damage.
- 2 [formal] (since) considerando que, por cuanto
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.