- 1 (while, on the other hand) mientras que, en tanto que [formal]More example sentences
More example sentences
- She's the one who is moving on whereas her parents are stuck with the story, are stuck in the past.
- He lived through his era, whereas so many of his friends died in racing accidents.
- Nanjing has also in the past been the capital of China, whereas now Beijing has that role.
- Negligence depends on a breach of duty, whereas contributory negligence does not.
- Thus Mr Smith is now the respondent to this appeal, whereas Mr Clark was the claimant below.
- The desks have damaged the walls, whereas a more appropriate choice could have prevented such damage.
- 2 (since) [used in legal documents] considerando que, por cuanto
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.