Translation of whet in Spanish:
transitive verb -tt-
- 1.1 (stimulate) the walk whetted our appetitesla caminata nos abrió el apetitothe experience had whetted her appetite for foreign travella experiencia había hecho que le tomara el gusto a viajar por el extranjeroExample sentences1.2 (sharpen) [dated]
- A house suited for quiet family life but within an hour of Dublin whets the appetite of country loving commuters.
- Just to whet our appetites, and to make us more appreciative of history in the making.
- I hope I've whetted your appetite without giving away too many details, so that you will consider picking up this book yourself - after all, it's out in paperback at the beginning of February.
- Using the clear water from the pool, Mo Ye and Gan Jiang whetted swords on this stone to hone their cutting-edges.
- Timothy whetted the knife he used to butcher the goats.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.