Translation of whiff in Spanish:
- 1.1 (smell)olorcillo (masculine)(unpleasant) tufillo (masculine)I caught a whiff of gas
olorcillo (masculine)percibí or (in Latin America also) sentí un olorcillo or tufillo a gas
me llegó una ráfaga or vaharada de gasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sniff) [colloquial]have a whiff of this milk
- She climbed in the window with ease and as she approached the stairs she caught a whiff of perfume not belonging to Mrs. Chavez.
- He caught a whiff of her hair; it smelled like citrus.
- He heard faint movements, and caught a whiff of perfume.
huele esta leche
- Plus an unpleasant whiff of effluent as in the previous week's remorseless attacks on Cherie Blair, not for anything she's said or done but for the way she looks.
- The smell, however, lingered on for a while and despite the baking sunshine, at week's end there still was a whiff of unpleasantness in the air.
- After all, who hasn't found themselves in the middle of a favourite movie only to catch a whiff of some foul miasma making its way merrily up your nostrils?
tómale el olor a esta leche (Latin America)Example sentences
- I looked to Cory, who was seated in the front of the boat, holding his fingers to his nose and taking a deep whiff.
- I stepped into the shop, took a deep whiff of the powerful chocolate and sugar scents, and studied the pastry case.
- He took a deep whiff of the salty sea air and sighed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.