Translation of white in Spanish:
adjective whiter, whitest
blanco(coffee/tea)she had a white wedding
con lechese casó de blancoKleeno washes whiter than whiteKleeno lava más blancoExample sentences
- I smiled at my reflection and my pearly white teeth were visible and stood out from my tanned face.
- Brighten up a plain white bathroom with these fresh colours from Dulux.
- He was wearing a black jacket with white reflection marks, dark blue jeans and trainers.
- And what sauvignon blanc does for white wines, cabernet sauvignon can do for reds.
- This is achieved by pressing the red grapes rapidly to produce white wine without a trace of colour.
- It has become a bit famous in recent years for its white wines, especially chenin blanc.
- Just don't ask for a white coffee - you'll get condensed milk already in the cup, urgh.
- We drank flat white coffees, and Ray noticed me looking at the blurry blue tattoo on his forearm.
- She was still smiling when she carried the two white coffees up the rickety wooden stairs.
- For lunch I like corned beef, white rice and fried onions, which I've eaten for as long as I can remember.
- Nihan pointed out a popular dish where a raw egg is mixed with hot white rice and soy sauce.
- I snack on tons of Inarizushi - it's white rice stuffed inside sweetened tofu wrapping.
- 2 2.1 (pale) he went white (with fear/shock/anger)se puso blanco or pálido (de miedo/susto/rabia)Example sentences2.2 (Caucasian) white man [dated]
- Cautiously, he rolled her over to find her face pale, deathly white, and covered with blood.
- White scars stood prominently out against her tanned skin.
- Kay's face turned pale white, so white that she looked like a ghost.
- In the colonial context, the camera wielded by white Europeans was an intrusive weapon of domination.
- Two of the survivors are white European and the rest are mainland Chinese nationals.
- Most participants were white Europeans who were being treated by their general practitioner.
- 1 uncountable (color) she was married in whitese casó de blancoExample sentences
- Instead they decided to defer the matter to give the park time to change the colour scheme to all white to make it look less conspicuous.
- Shocking half-page pictures in colour and black and white underline the story throughout.
- My husband said ‘no’ because we've got to stick to the club colours of black and white.
- 3 countable 3.1 (of egg)Example sentences3.2 (of eye)
- Cook the eggs long enough to solidify the whites, but the yolks remain somewhat runny.
- The whole thing is then cooked again to harden the whites around the yolk.
- Crispy fried noodle threads and minced peppers add crunch; sieved egg yolks and whites add softness.
- Viral conjunctivitis can spread to the cornea, the white of the eye.
- The conjunctiva is a thin lining that covers the whites of the eyes and the insides of the eyelids.
- His eyes, though still inhumanly brilliant, bore smaller irises and more pronounced whites - just like Arun's own.
- 4also: whites plural4.1 (laundry)Example sentences4.2 (esp British English) (Sport)he was in tennis/cricket whites
llevaba el equipo blanco de tenis/cricket
- A daring university student dressed in cricket whites, pads and a helmet gave an innovative spin to the concept of pitch invasion.
- The foundation provided him with new cricket whites, boots, gloves, pads, anew bat, a helmet, six balls and a cricket bag.
- Americans, in fact, could have ended up staying in striped caps and cricket whites.
- 5 countable or uncountable (wine)Example sentences
- The main varietals in Chile are Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc for whites and Cabernet, Merlot and Carmenere for reds.
- Semillon brings a lush texture to dry whites while Sauvignon Blanc brings an herbal raciness - a terrific combination.
- This honeyed, concentrated, sweet and sour style white is perfect with this dish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.