- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable(plural whitings or , whiting)(fish) pescadilla (feminine)More example sentences
- From the ocean, choices include squid, whole red snapper, whiting and sardines, most of which usually look like they've just come from the fishmonger next door.
- Throughout a packed week of events, the Humber Seafood Group is also promoting red fish, whiting, and Greenland halibut.
- Ann Kirk of the National Federation of Fish Fryers said: ‘Some fryers are moving over to other species - such as haddock, whiting, hake or plaice.’
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (powder) blanco (m) de España, albayalde (m)More example sentences
- Formulas have varied through the ages to include white lead, chalk, or whiting mixed with binders.
- For more serious stains, you may need to use a poultice - an absorbent compound, such as powdered whiting mixed with hydrogen peroxide - which will pull the stain out.
- Belgium is also an important producer of several industrial minerals, including limestone, dolomite, whiting, sodium sulfate, silica sand, and marble.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...