- countable or uncountablealso: plural whitings or whiting(fish)Example sentences
- From the ocean, choices include squid, whole red snapper, whiting and sardines, most of which usually look like they've just come from the fishmonger next door.
- Throughout a packed week of events, the Humber Seafood Group is also promoting red fish, whiting, and Greenland halibut.
- Ann Kirk of the National Federation of Fish Fryers said: ‘Some fryers are moving over to other species - such as haddock, whiting, hake or plaice.’
- uncountable (powder)Example sentences
- Formulas have varied through the ages to include white lead, chalk, or whiting mixed with binders.
- For more serious stains, you may need to use a poultice - an absorbent compound, such as powdered whiting mixed with hydrogen peroxide - which will pull the stain out.
- Belgium is also an important producer of several industrial minerals, including limestone, dolomite, whiting, sodium sulfate, silica sand, and marble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...