Translation of whittle in Spanish:
- (wood/stick)I whittled the ends down to a pointles saqué punta a los extremos(con una navaja, un cuchillo etc)Example sentences
- He volleyed as if he was using his racket to whittle wood, slicing this way and that and caressing the ball into submission.
- We were forced to hotfoot it to Borneo, where we lived on the edge of the jungle for the next twenty years, whittling wood into supposedly erotic shapes that we then sold as tribal trinkets.
- The Americans of the volunteers joked about how whittling wood was an American habit.
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (reduce)
- to whittle something down
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than