- 1 1.1 (in questions) (singular)(plural)who is that?
quiénes¿quién es ése?who are they?¿quiénes son?who are we to criticize them?¿quiénes somos nosotros para criticarlos?who are you writing to?¿a quién le estás escribiendo?Bridget who?¿Bridget qué or cuánto?who do you think you are?¿tú qué te crees?
¿tú quién te crees que eres?Example sentences1.2 (in indirect questions) I don't know who you're talking about
no sé de quién estás hablandoguess who I met today!¡adivina con quién me encontré hoy!a letter from you know whouna carta de ya sabes quiénuna carta del/de la que te dije [colloquial]
- You can listen to the bands, check the odds and see who you'd pick, and bet on them to win.
- As yet we haven't been given any clues as to who can support Hounsou in the lead role.
- If you were a London cabbie, who would you most like to have in the back of your cab?
- 2 2.1 (as relative) the boy who won the prizeel chico que ganó el premiothere are blankets for those who want themhay mantas para quienes quieranhe/she who follows the path of righteousness [formal]quien escoja el camino de la virtud [formal]2.2 (the one, ones that) you can tell who you likese lo puedes decir a quien/quienes quieraswho dares wins