Translation of wholesale in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Business/Comercio] (before noun/delante del nombre) al por mayor wholesale price precio (masculine) al por mayor wholesale price index índice (masculine) de precios al por mayor wholesale trade comercio (masculine) al por mayor 1.2 [destruction] sistemático, total; [slaughter] sistemático; [condemnation] absoluto; [rejection] en bloque wholesale cuts in the budget recortes radicales or drásticos en el presupuestoExample sentences
- At worst, the outcome could be wholesale slaughter on a scale that makes the current level of daily mayhem look like the peaceable kingdom.
- At the time, however, Old Beijing City was seen as a symbol of feudalism and eventually the Liang & Chen Plan was shelved, resulting in the wholesale destruction of hutongs.
- Endless images of wholesale destruction and the war machines that brought it about blurred the boundary between reality and fiction, the normal and the horrific.
- 1.1 [Business/Comercio] [buy/sell] al por mayor 1.2 (on a large scale) de modo general the same rule cannot be applied wholesale to every case no se puede aplicar la misma regla a rajatabla a todos los casos these practices have been going on wholesale esto ha estado ocurriendo de manera sistemática they rejected the proposals wholesale rechazaron las propuestas en bloque
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.