Translation of wicket in Spanish:
- 1 (in cricket) 1.1 (area of pitch)(área central del terreno de juego)to be o bat on a sticky wicket (British English)estar en una situación comprometidato be on a losing wicket
estar en terreno resbaladizollevar las de perderExample sentences1.2 (stumps and bails)
palos (masculine plural)1.3 (batsman's turn)to take a wicketeliminar a un bateador
- You can spend some time at the crease, get used to the bowler's action, the ground, the wicket.
- So we sat around while a new wicket was prepared and cut, which was the only way of playing.
- It thus becomes important for us to prepare fast and bouncy wickets at home, so that our batsmen get used to these surfaces.
- 2 2.1wicket (door o gate) 2.2 (window) (American English)Example sentences2.3 (in croquet) (American English)
- As to privacy, Mr Husain complained of the wicket in the door.
- The barred wicket opened and shut, and the door creaked ajar.
- Each player takes a croquet mallet and must only use the striking end, not the side, when moving their ball through the croquet wickets.
- The wickets are metal or wire pieces that look like miniature arches and are located throughout the croquet course.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.