- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], chorizo (masculine)More example sentences
- Thanks to the wide boys, spivs, spin doctors and hereditary idiots who have hijacked a once great Australian institution.
- Yet the more sensible half of me thinks that the six city wide boys involved are undoubtedly very sad individuals.
- By the end of the night, Cocktail Girl is sharing brandies and lecherous back chat with seven Brummie wide boys, all of whom sport Beckham haircuts and tight jeans.
Definition of wide boy in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.