- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], chorizo (masculine)More example sentences
- Thanks to the wide boys, spivs, spin doctors and hereditary idiots who have hijacked a once great Australian institution.
- Yet the more sensible half of me thinks that the six city wide boys involved are undoubtedly very sad individuals.
- By the end of the night, Cocktail Girl is sharing brandies and lecherous back chat with seven Brummie wide boys, all of whom sport Beckham haircuts and tight jeans.
Definition of wide boy in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.