- 1 (innocent, naive) he looked at her wide-eyedla miró con cara de inocentea couple of wide-eyed peasantsun par de campesinos ingenuosExample sentences
- Eddie is an innocent, naïve and wide-eyed security guard inadvertently caught up in Gary and Frank's plans.
- I've been trying to come up with a term to describe that particular wide-eyed look of false innocence that co-workers flash at you when you approach their desks.
- A wide-eyed innocent, he longs to captain his own vessel and wed his true love, Mercedes.
- 2 (surprised, shocked) he stared at her in wide-eyed amazementse quedó mirándola boquiabierto or con ojos como platosExample sentences
- The girl rejected for her admittedly rather lackluster braiding skills opened her mouth in wide-eyed surprise.
- Kutcher is wide-eyed, mouth hanging open, for the entire film.
- Ericka looked back to me in wide-eyed surprise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.