Translation of widow in Spanish:
- she was left a widow at 26enviudó or se quedó viuda a los 26 añosshe's a golf widow [humorous]pasa horas sola mientras el marido juega al golfExample sentences
- On her husband's death, a widow usually foresees a life full of harassment and humiliation.
- The right of action for wrongful death given by statute for the benefit of a widow for the death of her husband has been held not to be divested by her subsequent marriage.
- Upon the death of the husband, the widow generally stays on the land, but only if she pays the sub-headman.
- I sneakily bought some good tickets months ago and they are coming into play to thank her for being such a good rugby widow sport during this world cup.
- The agony aunt's first quest is to help golf widow Joy to persuade husband Martin to spend more time with her and their three children.
- Last Monday, I told my girlfriends at work that this whole football widow business was driving me crazy.
- to be widowedenviudarshe/he was twice widowed
quedar viudoenviudó or quedó viuda/viudo dos veceshis widowed sistersu hermana viudathe war widowed many thousands of young womenla guerra dejó viudas a muchos miles de mujeres jóvenesExample sentences
- At the moment, the group is small and comprises people who are divorced, separated or widowed.
- Minus One is a social support group for separated, widowed or divorced people.
- Life Loan is available to married couples, partners and single or widowed people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.