Translation of wield in Spanish:
- 1.1 (handle, use) I taught him how to wield a knife and forkle enseñé a usar or manejar los cubiertosExample sentences1.2 (exert)
- Security guards were robbed at gunpoint by raiders wielding a sawn-off shotgun and a pistol.
- He ran across the battle field, wielding no weapon except for a small knife.
- Here and there lay the bodies of a few raiders, killed by desperate farmers wielding crude weapons.
- The Royal Company of Archers is a group of mostly elderly men who dress up for ceremonial events, but they also wield power and influence.
- As a leading shareholder, he wields power and influence himself, and has not been afraid to use it.
- Was that Cabinet minister under a misapprehension or do you actually wield power or influence?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.