Translation of wield in Spanish:
- 1 (handle, use) I taught him how to wield a knife and forkle enseñé a usar or manejar los cubiertosExample sentences
- Security guards were robbed at gunpoint by raiders wielding a sawn-off shotgun and a pistol.
- He ran across the battle field, wielding no weapon except for a small knife.
- Here and there lay the bodies of a few raiders, killed by desperate farmers wielding crude weapons.
- The Royal Company of Archers is a group of mostly elderly men who dress up for ceremonial events, but they also wield power and influence.
- As a leading shareholder, he wields power and influence himself, and has not been afraid to use it.
- Was that Cabinet minister under a misapprehension or do you actually wield power or influence?
- 2 (exert)(power/authority)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.