Translation of wildcat in Spanish:
noun plural wildcats or wildcat
- 1 1.1 (European)Example sentences1.2 (bobcat)
(especially American English)
- Over the years, Owen Newman and I had filmed cheetahs, lions, leopards, African wildcats and servals (for the first ever film of them) but never caracals.
- Since Dolly's creation in 1996 a variety of other animals have been duplicated, including a caracal cat and an African wildcat.
- Dresser's team is fine-tuning the cloning of small cats like the African wildcat, as well as the largest: tigers.
lince (masculine)Example sentences
- A highly adaptable wildcat of North America, the Bobcat has managed to survive in healthy numbers in a variety of habitats, consuming a diverse spectrum of prey, in both wild and inhabited regions.
- Though more tolerant of people than many other wildcats, bobcats tend to avoid large cultivated areas.
- 3 (oil well)pozo (masculine) de exploraciónExample sentences
- Peak exploration was in 1985 when 184 wildcats were drilled.
adjective before noun, no comparative
- 1.1 (risky) 1.2(strike)
salvajeExample sentences1.3 (speculative)
- And when shop floor workers became dissatisfied, they staged increasing numbers of ‘unofficial’ or wildcat strikes.
- And at the time of writing we are seeing the first unofficial wildcat strikes in the civil service for 16 years!
- This has seen members strike for two days in both February and April, and take part in a number of unofficial wildcat strikes.
- Those of you who might consider investing in a wildcat venture should also remember that the quality of geologic professional advice varies.
- Naturally no banker likes to see money drawn out of his institution and put into a wildcat investment where neither he nor anybody else thereabout will ever see it again.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.