Translation of wildcat in Spanish:
noun plural wildcats or wildcat
- 1 1.1 (European)Example sentences1.2 (bobcat) (esp US)
- Over the years, Owen Newman and I had filmed cheetahs, lions, leopards, African wildcats and servals (for the first ever film of them) but never caracals.
- Since Dolly's creation in 1996 a variety of other animals have been duplicated, including a caracal cat and an African wildcat.
- Dresser's team is fine-tuning the cloning of small cats like the African wildcat, as well as the largest: tigers.
- A highly adaptable wildcat of North America, the Bobcat has managed to survive in healthy numbers in a variety of habitats, consuming a diverse spectrum of prey, in both wild and inhabited regions.
- Though more tolerant of people than many other wildcats, bobcats tend to avoid large cultivated areas.
- 3 (oil well)pozo (masculine) de exploraciónExample sentences
- Peak exploration was in 1985 when 184 wildcats were drilled.
adjective before noun, no comparative
- 1 (risky)(project/speculation)
riesgoso (esp Latin America)Example sentences
- Those of you who might consider investing in a wildcat venture should also remember that the quality of geologic professional advice varies.
- Naturally no banker likes to see money drawn out of his institution and put into a wildcat investment where neither he nor anybody else thereabout will ever see it again.
- And when shop floor workers became dissatisfied, they staged increasing numbers of ‘unofficial’ or wildcat strikes.
- And at the time of writing we are seeing the first unofficial wildcat strikes in the civil service for 16 years!
- This has seen members strike for two days in both February and April, and take part in a number of unofficial wildcat strikes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.