- 1.1 c u (wasteland) páramo (m); (jungle) jungla (f) there are still pockets of true wilderness in the highlands en las tierras altas hay todavía zonas totalmente inexploradas He went into the wilderness [Bib] se fue al desierto the garden is a wilderness el jardín es una jungla she spent many years in the literary wilderness pasó muchos años totalmente marginada del mundo literario when they come out of the political wilderness cuando vuelvan a integrarse a la vida política del paísMore example sentences1.2 u (undeveloped land) (AmE) parque (m) natural
More example sentences1.3 c (uninviting place) a wilderness of streets un laberinto de calles a wilderness of chimney stacks un bosque de chimeneas
- Ponies play a crucial role in the area's ecology by eating vast amounts of vegetation and preventing the landscape turning into a wilderness.
- To the right is a wilderness, abandoned to brambles, ground elder, bindweed and buddleia.
- A lot of farmers went out of business, some of the more marginal farming areas reverted to wilderness.
- Ahead is a barren land of lochans and beautifully-ridged mountains rising steeply from an uninhabited wilderness.
- Incredibly, 250 years ago the Lake District was seen as an ugly and inhospitable wilderness.
- I saw sequoias as tall and straight as skyscrapers, celestial waterfalls and a wilderness stretching to unseen horizons.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.