Translation of wilderness in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (wasteland) páramo (masculine); (jungle) jungla (feminine) there are still pockets of true wilderness in the highlands en las tierras altas hay todavía zonas totalmente inexploradas He went into the wilderness [Bible] se fue al desierto the garden is a wilderness el jardín es una jungla she spent many years in the literary wilderness pasó muchos años totalmente marginada del mundo literario when they come out of the political wilderness cuando vuelvan a integrarse a la vida política del paísExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (undeveloped land) (American English/inglés norteamericano) parque (masculine) natural
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (uninviting place) a wilderness of streets un laberinto de calles a wilderness of chimney stacks un bosque de chimeneas
- Ponies play a crucial role in the area's ecology by eating vast amounts of vegetation and preventing the landscape turning into a wilderness.
- To the right is a wilderness, abandoned to brambles, ground elder, bindweed and buddleia.
- A lot of farmers went out of business, some of the more marginal farming areas reverted to wilderness.
- Ahead is a barren land of lochans and beautifully-ridged mountains rising steeply from an uninhabited wilderness.
- Incredibly, 250 years ago the Lake District was seen as an ugly and inhospitable wilderness.
- I saw sequoias as tall and straight as skyscrapers, celestial waterfalls and a wilderness stretching to unseen horizons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.