Translation of wilderness in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (wasteland)(jungle) jungla (feminine)there are still pockets of true wilderness in the highlandsen las tierras altas hay todavía zonas totalmente inexploradasHe went into the wilderness (Bible)se fue al desiertothe garden is a wildernessel jardín es una junglashe spent many years in the literary wildernesspasó muchos años totalmente marginada del mundo literariowhen they come out of the political wildernesscuando vuelvan a integrarse a la vida política del paísExample sentences
- Ahead is a barren land of lochans and beautifully-ridged mountains rising steeply from an uninhabited wilderness.
- Incredibly, 250 years ago the Lake District was seen as an ugly and inhospitable wilderness.
- I saw sequoias as tall and straight as skyscrapers, celestial waterfalls and a wilderness stretching to unseen horizons.
- Ponies play a crucial role in the area's ecology by eating vast amounts of vegetation and preventing the landscape turning into a wilderness.
- To the right is a wilderness, abandoned to brambles, ground elder, bindweed and buddleia.
- A lot of farmers went out of business, some of the more marginal farming areas reverted to wilderness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.