- 1Winchester (rifle) [trademark]Winchester (masculine) [trademark]Example sentences
- At Plevna the Russians' use of howitzers firing over the heads of their assault troops negated the Turks superior infantry firepower - provided by Winchester rifles - by forcing the defenders to take cover against the bursting shells.
- The new Winchesters feature inertial triggers and a conventional tang safety that also doubles as a barrel selector.
- The 1885, as with most Winchesters of the time, was offered with many options including barrel length, round, octagon barrels or a combination thereof, set triggers, fancy wood and special sights.
- 2Winchester (disk) (Computing)disco (masculine) WinchesterExample sentences
- Many people don't realize that the founding fathers of the Winchester disk drive at IBM Corporation originally mandated that the computer's primary storage device, the magnetic hard disk drive, was to be removable.
- When hard drives started appearing in personal computers, computer guys would ask, ‘Does it have a Winchester drive?’
- But the fiercely competitive makers of Winchester drives have fought off foreign competition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.