Translation of windmill in Spanish:
- 1.1 (mill) to tilt at windmillsExample sentences1.2 (toy)
(British English)Example sentences
- In the past windmills were used to grind corn into flour.
- Clocks told the time, windmills ground corn, cranes lifted things and so on.
- From the seventh century on, peasants designed and built adobe horizontal-vaned windmills to harness the wind power and grind wheat into flour.
- Children's plastic windmills, stuck in the ground around the same area, are also said to do the trick.
- The Geordie Ambassador turned up on his Marshall plan tractor and lifted potatoes with a whirling device not wholly unlike the windmills on a stick popular with infants and tourists.
- He tempted the children with goldfish, balloons, windmills, cheap toys and a few coppers to bring him rags, but some of the rags they brought him were still being used.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.