Translation of windmill in Spanish:
- 1 (mill) to tilt at windmillsExample sentences
- In the past windmills were used to grind corn into flour.
- Clocks told the time, windmills ground corn, cranes lifted things and so on.
- From the seventh century on, peasants designed and built adobe horizontal-vaned windmills to harness the wind power and grind wheat into flour.
- 2 (toy) (British English)molinete (masculine)
remolino (masculine) (Southern Cone)
rehilete (masculine) (Mexico) (Peru)
ringlete (masculine) (Colombia)Example sentences
- Children's plastic windmills, stuck in the ground around the same area, are also said to do the trick.
- The Geordie Ambassador turned up on his Marshall plan tractor and lifted potatoes with a whirling device not wholly unlike the windmills on a stick popular with infants and tourists.
- He tempted the children with goldfish, balloons, windmills, cheap toys and a few coppers to bring him rags, but some of the rags they brought him were still being used.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.