Translation of windy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- 1.1(day/weather)it's windy
de vientohace viento
está ventosoExample sentences1.2 (verbose) [colloquial]
- Avoid low spots that might flood, as well as high, exposed, or windy locations.
- It was clear from the start that the strong windy conditions were going to have an immediate effect on the result of the game.
- Hilly areas are often windy, but the wind could blow strong for certain periods and then not at all during others.
Example sentences1.3 (afraid) (British English) [colloquial] [dated]he's a right windy so and so
- Even on radio, their rhetorical style sounds windy, verbose, addicted to polysyllables for their own sake.
- Election Day in a Chinese village brings Jimmy Carter, windy speeches, and dubious promises
- The king goes on to bore the hell out of them with a long, windy speech.
es un miedosohe got windy
- It's a funny track and I like it, but it's funny because it works against the original Chuck D vocal, deflating it, making him sound a bit windy and stupid.
se asusta de nadale entró miedo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.