Translation of windy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- 1(day/weather)it's windy
de vientohace viento
está ventosoExample sentences
- Avoid low spots that might flood, as well as high, exposed, or windy locations.
- It was clear from the start that the strong windy conditions were going to have an immediate effect on the result of the game.
- Hilly areas are often windy, but the wind could blow strong for certain periods and then not at all during others.
- 2 (verbose) [colloquial](speaker/speech)
- Even on radio, their rhetorical style sounds windy, verbose, addicted to polysyllables for their own sake.
- Election Day in a Chinese village brings Jimmy Carter, windy speeches, and dubious promises
- The king goes on to bore the hell out of them with a long, windy speech.
- It's a funny track and I like it, but it's funny because it works against the original Chuck D vocal, deflating it, making him sound a bit windy and stupid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.