Translation of winter in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- in (the) winter last winter a winter's dayun día de invierno(before noun) (clothes/fashions/vacation)de invierno(weather/temperatures)winter coat(of animal)(of person)Example sentences
- The climate here is normally split into two seasons, long cold winters and long hot summers.
- Therefore, short, cool growing seasons and cold winters are often thought of as barriers to crop growth and diversification in the Subarctic.
- But after a cold winter in the southern uplands you may recognise that ending up on a human dinner plate is not so bad.
- (person/army)pasar el inviernoExample sentences
- Like many of the Arctic refuge's birds, snow geese winter in warmer parts of the lower 48 states.
- The birds wintering in Washington breed in the northern Great Plains, usually beginning by late April.
- These routes used by migratory birds for passage between wintering and breeding ranges are called flyways.
- (cattle/sheep)mantener durante el inviernoExample sentences
- Store cattle being wintered with a view to finishing off grass next summer will require 2-3 kg meal/day with poor quality silage.
- There are no slatted sheds allowed in Scotland so wintering cattle can be pretty labour intensive.
- We never wintered cattle there because of its remoteness and lack of shelter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.