- → steel woolExample sentences
- He used the wire wool scouring scrubbing pad that I use to clean the cooker.
- Alternatively, restorer's wax polish (there are several proprietary brands available) also applied with very fine wire wool and then polished with a rag gives an excellent finish.
- Scrub rusty grates with wire wool and give cast-iron surrounds a gloss with grate polish, available from hardware shops.
Definition of wire wool in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.