Translation of withdraw in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (recall, remove)(troops/ambassador/representative)
retirar de la circulación(product)they withdrew their children from the school
retirar de la ventasacaron a sus niños del colegioExample sentences
- He paused when he reached the right position and withdrew a small amount of clear fluid.
- Slowly, Matt withdrew both his hands, but he didn't stop kissing her.
- In fact the smog lifted about 10 years ago, after ageing fleets of cars and buses were withdrawn and industries were removed from the centre.
Example sentences1.2 (money/cash) (from bank) to withdraw money from an account
- The government has agreed to withdraw some of its forces following the handover of weapons.
- Cuban troops were to be withdrawn and a reluctant Savimbi was forced to the negotiating table.
- In the end, I gracefully withdrew myself from the situation, chalking it up to an idea before its time.
retirar or sacar dinero de una cuenta
- Ankrah secured an ex-parte injunction preventing Elias and Associates from replacing her or withdrawing her from the pageant.
- But the Brandsby trainer withdrew him from that contest after inspecting the Chepstow course and expressing concerns that all the frost had not come out of the ground.
- Unhappy at the standard of care that his two-year-old daughter was receiving from an Edinburgh nursery, he withdrew her on grounds of safety.
- 2 2.1 (cancel, discontinue)(support/funding/service)
retirar(permission)they threatened to withdraw their labor
cancelaramenazaron con ir a la huelgaExample sentences2.2 (rescind)
- Management had threatened to withdraw the offer if the workers had not accepted it by August 11.
- Bareis was appalled by the painting and withdrew his $300 offer.
- Then on Tuesday, they were told the offers had been withdrawn.
renunciar aExample sentences2.3 (retract)
- The paper also reported that a young female witness had withdrawn an earlier statement that she had seen a streak of light cross a road near the factory minutes before the explosion.
- Witnesses in criminal proceedings against these people are being intimidated, so they do not make any statements or withdraw those already made.
- Counsellor McCarthy said he was not sure what remarks he had been asked to withdraw and that he was not prepared to withdraw any remarks he had made in any event.
- 1 1.1 (retreat, move back)(troops)1.2 (leave room) [formal]
retirarseretirarse [formal]Example sentences1.3 (socially)
recluirse(psychologically) retraersehe has withdrawn into himselfse ha retraídoExample sentences
- Boys would approach girls, a pickup would ensue, and the couple would withdraw into another room, she says.
- Carson chose to let Tonight stand as his career zenith and his finale, withdrawing into a quiet retirement that suited his private nature and refusing involvement in other show business projects.
- Queen Mary and the Dauphin and Genevieve and the Maries came and said quiet prayers before withdrawing without disturbing her.
- Because of the rifts between the students, Mellisa, who felt that she hadn't many friends, withdrew into herself.
- He withdrew into himself and drank heavily, eventually joining AA.
- I survived because I withdrew into myself, became self-sufficient, adept at loneliness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.