Translation of withering in Spanish:
- Pan American takes the pound cake for minimalism, and has in the past proven perfect music for driving through desolate landscapes beneath withering heat, or traversing the domain of half-asleepness.
- In contemporary North India, a couple of generations in the withering heat of the Gangetic plains turned the Great Moguls from hardy Turkic warlords into pale princes in petticoats.
- As democracy and freedom continue to melt away beneath the withering heat of state-corporate power, it becomes ever more difficult to tell the truth.
- He gestured to Straeger, who was looking so disdainfully at her that Voelker could feel the withering contempt radiating from him as though he were telepathic himself.
- She gave me a withering look of utter contempt and proceeded to lecture me at length about the finer nuances of Mother's Day.
- But it's Broom, with her self-depreciating good humour and withering disdain for modern materialism, that makes the book so compelling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.