- [attack] resistir; [heat/pain] soportar, aguantar, resistir; [hardship] soportar; [temptation] resistirMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Whether the Blair government's new law withstands judicial scrutiny remains to be seen.
- Not many flowers are designed specifically to withstand cold and frosty weather.
- Their structure is designed to withstand the harshest heat, wind and occasional sea spray.
- The shield did not look especially strong, but it withstood pressure that would have crushed the man.
- Straffan withstood a very strong comeback from the home side in the second half that yielded a goal from Toms Fitzgerald from 25 yards, to claim victory.
- Leighlin then withstood some strong pressure from Naomh Eoin, who with Robert Foley prominent, threatened to snatch a winning goal.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.