Translation of wolf in Spanish:
noun plural wolves
- 1 (Zoology) a wolf in sheep's clothingun lobo disfrazado de corderoto cry wolfhe's cried wolf once too oftenya ha venido demasiadas veces con el mismo cuentoto keep the wolf from the door
es como el cuento del pastorcito mentirosomantenerse a flote
no pasar miseria
parar la olla (Southern Cone) (Peru) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Among wild dogs and wolves, the cooperative hunting pack includes both males and females, and they provision both pups and a nursing mother.
- Did you know that the last British wolf was shot in Scotland in the Fifteenth Century and that the last wolf living wild in England was trapped and killed nearly a thousand years ago?
- Wild dogs, especially the big wild dogs, are famously family oriented, and wolves are no exception.
- 2 (womanizer) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Instead, rather intriguingly, it has become a grim battle of the superpowers, both engaged in a hard fight to keep the media wolves from their door.
- Again Ridge instantly screamed out breathless tales of a terrorist wolf, while the media slobbered at the door.
- Who do you feed to the media wolves?
- Note that the wolf waits until he gets her into bed before pouncing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.