Translation of workings in Spanish:
plural noun/nombre plural
- 1.1 (mine) mina (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of machine) funcionamiento (masculine)
- Unbeknownst to them, the dam was constructed over five disused mine shafts, which led into the underground workings of an old mine.
- The campsite at La Torerera, near the town of Huelva in the southwest corner of Andalucia, is on the site of old mineral workings, now partly a nature reserve.
- He was an engineer by profession, and used to look after the engines and trucks which ran on the light railways out to the more distant parts of the opencast mine workings.
- And being a politician helps me get good raw material about the inside workings of governments and organizations.
- The structure of the political system and the workings of that system favour those who have economic influence.
- And they also had to study up on DNA science and the workings of the legal system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.