plural noun/nombre plural
- 1.1 (mine) mina (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of machine) funcionamiento (masculine)
More example sentences
- Unbeknownst to them, the dam was constructed over five disused mine shafts, which led into the underground workings of an old mine.
- The campsite at La Torerera, near the town of Huelva in the southwest corner of Andalucia, is on the site of old mineral workings, now partly a nature reserve.
- He was an engineer by profession, and used to look after the engines and trucks which ran on the light railways out to the more distant parts of the opencast mine workings.
- And being a politician helps me get good raw material about the inside workings of governments and organizations.
- The structure of the political system and the workings of that system favour those who have economic influence.
- And they also had to study up on DNA science and the workings of the legal system.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.