- 1 1.1 [condition/singer/insult] peor cheer up! it could be worse ¡anímate! podría ser peor these scissors are worse than useless estas tijeras no sirven para nada the play wasn't very good, but I've seen worse la obra no era muy buena, pero las he visto peores he could've been hurt or worse podría haber resultado herido, o podría haberle pasado algo peor to get worse empeorar the music got worse la música empeoró or fue de mal en peor his hearing is getting worse and worse oye cada vez menos his golf is getting worse and worse cada vez juega peor al golf things are getting worse and worse las cosas van de mal en peor, las cosas están cada vez peor if you scratch it, it'll only make it worse si te rascas, es peor to make things worse, it started snowing por si fuera poco, empezó a nevar what was worse was that … peor aún fue que … to be the worse for drink estar* borracho they looked none the worse for their trying day no tenían mal aspecto a pesar del día que habían pasado there's nothing worse than … no hay nada peor que …More example sentences1.2 (less suitable, desirable) peor he couldn't have phoned at a worse time no podía haber llamado en peor momento or en un momento menos oportuno
More example sentences
- But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil.
- There is one thing that is worse than evil and that is cowardice in the face of it.
- Filthy, horrible acts of evil, worse than what he had ever done, were being performed across Faerie.
- She had a friend who was abandoned at birth, a foundling, and she began to realise that abandoned children were in a far worse position than adopted ones.
- There are examples of far worse psychology research.
- It is hard to think of a worse time to float an airline.
- 2 (in poorer health) (predicative/predicativo) to be worse estar* peor he is worse than yesterday está peor que ayer to get worse ponerse* peor, empeorar Grandad has got worse since he's been in hospital el abuelo se ha puesto peor desde que está en el hospital I think I've got worse creo que estoy or me he puesto peorMore example sentences
- She had a vague feeling that if she heard what he had to say, she would end up feeling even worse than she already was.
- Yet it was an unhappy household, made worse by hints of Behrman's mania to come.
- However, Brian Martin, from Glasgow, claims his operation made his left eye worse and left the vision in his right eye blurred.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
- (comp ofbadly) peor they played worse than we did oworse than us jugaron peor que nosotros you could do worse than take that job harías bien en aceptar ese trabajo