Translation of worst in Spanish:
- → bad he's the worst student in the class the worst resultshe ran his worst ever racelos peores resultadosworst of allcorrió peor que nuncathe worst thing about her is her selfishnesslo peor de todohis taste is the worst! (American English) [colloquial]lo peor que tiene es lo egoísta que eshow was your trip? — the worst! (American English)¡tiene un gusto pésimo! [colloquial]the worst thing that can come of it is a slight delay¿qué tal el viaje? — ¡de lo peor!lo peor que puede pasar es que haya un ligero retraso
- (superlative of) → badlyshe did (the) worst (of all) in both examsthe poor will suffer worst under this systemle fue peor que a nadie en los dos exámeneslos pobres van a ser quienes más sufran bajo este sistema
- 1the worst 1.1 (+ singular verb)the worst was now overlo peorhis sister brings out the worst in himya había pasado lo peorto fear/imagine the worstcuando está con su hermana está peor que nuncaif (the) worst comes to (the) worsttemer/imaginarse lo peorto get o have the worst of iten el peor de los casos1.2 (+ plural verb)salir perdiendollevarse la peor partethe worst of them will have to be thrown outlos peoreslos peores tendrán que ser expulsados
- 2 2.1at worstat worst, they'll fine usen el peor de los casos2.2at her/his/its worstI'm at my worst in the morningen el peor de los casos nos pondrán una multathis is racism at its worstla mañana es mi peor momento del díathe violinist was at his worstesto es racismo de la peor especieel violinista tocó peor que nunca
- (opponent)Example sentences
- Or, you should be prepared for an all-out war where you are sure to be worsted.
- But they were worsted in an action at Bhangam, about 10 km northeast of Paonta, on 18 September 1688.
- The Eluru, Andhra Pradesh born techie also developed the electronics for Pacific Blue, the advanced version of IBM's Deep Blue computer that worsted Garry Kasparov in a chess series.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.