- (success) [slang]exitazo (masculine) [colloquial]the show was a wow with the kidsla función volvió locos a los niños or fue un exitazo con los niños [colloquial]Example sentences
- As the game progressed, Celtic began to control the exchanges, but some clever rearguard actions defused some promising Celtic wows, in which Ian Farrell and Tom Butler were prominent.
- Each will be scrutinized by the coaching staff after Grant Noel and Jason Davis failed to produce many wows during the spring.
- Something just felt… too easy… about spinning last year's woes and wows into next year's resolutions.
volver loco a [colloquial]Example sentences
- Lemar, who came third in the reality TV show competition, will be wowing the audience with songs, including the tune Lullaby which he composed along with fellow contestant Ainsley.
- Having performed at Just for Laughs in '97 and '98, he's back to take another crack at wowing audiences.
- The group is used to wowing audiences with acts such as spinning one another in the air from suspended strips of cloth, but the school opted for some less dangerous activities.
- uncountable(distorsión del tono)Example sentences
- The CD ends on a wow note, with Enough, a deep and beautiful piece.
- Unlike ‘Within the Golden Hour,’ ‘Changes’ doesn't end on a wow note but instead recapitulates its opening scene, as the curtain falls.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.