Translation of wrapper in Spanish:
- 1 (round food)(round cigar)(for newspaper, book)Example sentences
- There are no bins and a few pieces of fast-food wrappers; sweet papers and bottles are the main offenders.
- When bringing the hunt out to the backyard, foil wrappers will protect the eggs from dirt and debris, allowing for fun as well as a sanitary outdoor hunt.
- Cigarettes began being sold in Britain in the 1850s, initially just sold in paper wrappers.
- Stamps were attached to the wrapper of the newspaper and couriers were hired to deliver Court to subscribers.
- And the title, suddenly revealed, stares out at me from beneath the cellophane wrapper of the cover.
- Maybe you could start sending the magazine out in a plain brown wrapper.
- If teens today feel they have time only to log on to the net and cyber chat, then they are not only shutting their minds off, but also loosing a lot of the rich heritage bound in between the wrappers of the books.
- Several months ago, our Conservation Services Division was asked to design a book wrapper for the use of the Princeton University Library.
- Prior to the turn of the century, the Corojo wrapper was the predominant wrapper tobacco used when rolling the famous Cuban brands.
- They may only shop for a certain wrapper or they only buy cigars that cost $4.
- 2 (Clothing) [dated]Example sentences
- The grand boubou (big boubou) consists of a gown worn over a shirt and trousers for men, and over a wrapper with a head-scarf for women.
- We use cloth gowns, drapes, and wrappers at our facility, and the laundering of our linen is contracted to on outside laundry service.
- She reached into the diminutive pocket located near the bodice of her wrapper, and procured a set of metallic keys hanging from a rather large gold ring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.