- 1 countable (Law) (issued by a court)orden (feminine) judiciala royal writ
mandato (masculine) judicialun mandato realto issue a writ (against somebody)expedir una orden or un mandato (contra alguien)to serve a writ on somebodynotificarle una orden or un mandato a alguiena writ of habeas corpusun recurso de hábeas corpusa writ of execution/possessionun mandamiento de ejecución/embargoExample sentences
- The applicant commenced proceedings in this Court for writs of mandamus, certiorari and injunctions.
- In September 2004, the applicant filed an application in the High Court for the constitutional writs of certiorari and mandamus.
- Where a court or a public officer wrongly refuses jurisdiction the exercise of the jurisdiction can be commanded by a writ of mandamus.
- This was the day that the writ for the election of members of this Parliament was returned.
- Clark said nominations for the election will close July 2, following the issuing of the election writs June 25.
- You would have to be developing this now, rather than waking up the day that writs are issued for election and wanting to build this within a couple of weeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.