Translation of writing in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (script) cuneiform writingescritura (feminine) cuneiformeExample sentences1.2 uncountable (written material) See examples: the wall was covered in writing
the writing's rather blurredla pared estaba llena de pintadas or de graffitiin writing can I have it in writing?la letra está algo borrosato put something in writing¿me lo puede dar por escrito?the writing is on the wallthe writing was on the wall for the companyponer algo por escritoinvestors saw the writing on the wall and sold their sharesla compañía tenía los días contadoswriting materials 1.3 uncountablelos inversores se la vieron venir y vendieron las acciones [colloquial](British English) (handwriting)I can't read your writing in his/your own writingde su/tu puño y letraExample sentences1.4 uncountable (act of composing) See examples: she earns a lot from her writing
- Oh, his writing has a certain style and he can say a simple thing.
- There are vast differences of thought and style within classical writing.
- He makes this point in his Clarkson style in a brilliant piece of writing for the Sunday Times.
writing takes up a lot of my timegana mucho (dinero) escribiendoat the time of writingpaso mucho tiempo escribiendo1.5 uncountable (written composition) an excellent piece of writingen el momento de escribir estas líneasun trabajo excelenteExample sentences1.6
- Her eyes skimmed the familiar writing and descended knowingly on that one sentence that seemed to haunt her desperately.
- The writing seemed oddly familiar, but Sakura couldn't remember who wrote like that.
- The writing seemed familiar but he couldn't quite put his thumb on whose exactly it was.
also: writings pluralthe writings of Swifther philosophical writingsla obra de Swiftsus escritos filosóficos
- An annotated bibliography of his writings on Cornish folklore is also presented.
- The Jewish prayer book is drawn from the writings of the Jewish people across the ages.
- Chomsky's political writings are littered with violations of these conventions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than