- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (script) escritura (feminine) cuneiform writing escritura (feminine) cuneiformeMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (written material) the wall was covered in writing la pared estaba llena de pintadas or de graffiti the writing's rather blurred la letra está algo borrosa in writing por escrito can I have it in writing? ¿me lo puede dar por escrito? to put sth in writing poner* algo por escrito the writing is on the wall the writing was on the wall for the company la compañía tenía los días contados investors saw the writing on the wall and sold their shares los inversores se la vieron venir y vendieron las acciones [colloquial/familiar] (before noun/delante del nombre) writing desk escritorio (masculine) writing materials artículos (masculine plural) de escritorio writing pad bloc (masculine) writing paper papel (masculine) de carta 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (British English/inglés británico) (handwriting) letra (feminine) I can't read your writing no entiendo tu letra in his/your own writing de su/tu puño y letra
More example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (act of composing) she earns a lot from her writing gana mucho (dinero) escribiendo writing takes up a lot of my time paso mucho tiempo escribiendo at the time of writing en el momento de escribir estas líneas 1.5 uncountable/no numerable (written composition) literatura (feminine) an excellent piece of writing un trabajo excelente
- Oh, his writing has a certain style and he can say a simple thing.
- There are vast differences of thought and style within classical writing.
- He makes this point in his Clarkson style in a brilliant piece of writing for the Sunday Times.
More example sentences1.6
- Her eyes skimmed the familiar writing and descended knowingly on that one sentence that seemed to haunt her desperately.
- The writing seemed oddly familiar, but Sakura couldn't remember who wrote like that.
- The writing seemed familiar but he couldn't quite put his thumb on whose exactly it was.
(writings plural)the writings of Swift la obra de Swift her philosophical writings sus escritos filosóficos
- An annotated bibliography of his writings on Cornish folklore is also presented.
- The Jewish prayer book is drawn from the writings of the Jewish people across the ages.
- Chomsky's political writings are littered with violations of these conventions.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.