Translation of writing in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (script) cuneiform writingescritura (feminine) cuneiformeExample sentences1.2 uncountable (written material) the wall was covered in writing
la pared estaba llena de pintadas or de graffitithe writing's rather blurredla letra está algo borrosain writing can I have it in writing?¿me lo puede dar por escrito?to put something in writingponer algo por escritothe writing is on the wallthe writing was on the wall for the companyla compañía tenía los días contadosinvestors saw the writing on the wall and sold their shareslos inversores se la vieron venir y vendieron las acciones [colloquial]writing materials 1.3 uncountable(British English) (handwriting) letra (feminine)I can't read your writing in his/your own writingde su/tu puño y letraExample sentences1.4 uncountable (act of composing) she earns a lot from her writing
- Oh, his writing has a certain style and he can say a simple thing.
- There are vast differences of thought and style within classical writing.
- He makes this point in his Clarkson style in a brilliant piece of writing for the Sunday Times.
gana mucho (dinero) escribiendowriting takes up a lot of my timepaso mucho tiempo escribiendoat the time of writingen el momento de escribir estas líneas1.5 uncountable (written composition) an excellent piece of writingun trabajo excelenteExample sentences1.6
- Her eyes skimmed the familiar writing and descended knowingly on that one sentence that seemed to haunt her desperately.
- The writing seemed oddly familiar, but Sakura couldn't remember who wrote like that.
- The writing seemed familiar but he couldn't quite put his thumb on whose exactly it was.
also: writings pluralthe writings of Swiftla obra de Swifther philosophical writingssus escritos filosóficos
- An annotated bibliography of his writings on Cornish folklore is also presented.
- The Jewish prayer book is drawn from the writings of the Jewish people across the ages.
- Chomsky's political writings are littered with violations of these conventions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.