Translation of wrong-foot in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport)(opponent)
hacer(le) un amago or amague a
desubicar (Latin America)Example sentences
- As more Stuttgart players were drawn towards him, his reverse pass wrong-footed the entire defence to leave Giggs scampering clear before rolling his shot calmly beyond Hildebrand.
- A slick side-step wrong-footed the Dewsbury full back and Stepho looked poised to score, but he was held just two yards short of the try line.
- A minute later Sylvain Wiltord's strike hit Ian Baraclough to wrong-foot Ludek Miklosko and the game was all but over.
- 2 (take by surprise, disconcert)agarrar or pillar desprevenidoExample sentences
- He fails completely, of course, but with his attempts to confound and wrong-foot audiences more used to linear stories, it is a noble failure.
- Final track Come and Go completely wrong-foots you with its bossa-nova beat.
- In four years he had gone from nobody to totemic figure, each new direction he took wrong-footing fans who were desperately trying to keep pace with him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.