Translation of yacht in Spanish:
- 1 (sailing boat)(small) balandro (masculine)(before noun) yacht club yacht raceExample sentences
- A young woman who is a stewardess on a ferry becomes a skipper on a racing yacht.
- I asked to be transported to a sailing yacht, cruising just offshore of that beach.
- These craft run the gamut from sleek international racing yachts to historic workboats.
- 2 (pleasure cruiser)Example sentences
- You may recall I told you about Lil who quit his job here to start a charter yacht business.
- She was a beautiful old steam yacht belonging originally to the Guinness family.
- Les Pompiers were out in force, and alongside the dock a bareboat charter yacht was half sunk.
- (only in -ing form) she went yachting with friendsse fue a navegar con unos amigosExample sentences
- The only place Olga felt free was when the family yachted over to Fredensborg Palace in Denmark.
- There is also yachting, which is what I'm doing, and here things are much gentler.
- If the theatre bug hadn't got into her, she would probably have been a sailor, so passionate was she about yachting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.