- (Zoology)Example sentences
- Milk products were common in the form of sour cream and butter from cows and yaks.
- Butchers from Tibet come especially to slaughter yaks whose meat is then dried and smoked.
- Their yaks share these high, sunny pastures with blue sheep and plump marmots.
- [colloquial] to have a yakExample sentences
- He was quick to raise his voice through a cordless microphone to silence the gathering engaged in a yak.
- Certainly the bombast of cable's top yak show host, Bill O'Reilly, seems anything but cool.
- Likewise, Laurie Brereton, Latham's numbers man, occasionally walked the floor to have a yak to colleagues.
intransitive verb -kk-
- [colloquial]Example sentences
- All too often, diners get to the table and yack away and make the waitress come back several times.
- So it was easier to let the old blowhard yak away and just nod occasionally.
- This is a sweet fella, wouldn't hurt a soul, but he yaks, and yaks, and yaks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.