- 1.1 (plant, vegetable) ñame (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) sweet potato
- Trucks selling yams, widely used as a tonic, can be seen along the provincial highway in Nantou County.
- True yams are a starchy tuber that is a staple crop in many parts of the tropics; they are seldom grown in the United States.
- The tuber from the wing-stalked yam is a valuable source of diosgenin.
- Men clear the bush and plant the yams with the help of the women and the children.
- They also grow taro and yams, bananas, ginger, tobacco and colorful cucumbers.
- In certain regions corn, rice, groundnuts, vegetables, and yams are cultivated.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.