- 1 (measure) yarda (feminine) ([ 0,91m ]) it's 100 yards down the road ≈ está a unos 100 metros de aquí yard of ale (in UK)[ recipiente esférico de cuello largo que se utiliza en concursos de beber cerveza ]Example sentences
- On the half hour mark Brian Pendergast let fly with a right foot shot from twenty yards.
- How many inches equal a yard is not something subject to daily fluctuations on the free or any other market.
- I headed the ball back inside and eventually the ball ended up at my feet 20 yards from goal and I just hit it.
- 2 (spar) [Nautical/Náutica] verga (feminine)Example sentences
- The Captain motioned with his eyes and his head to the main mast top yard.
- The argument is that a three-masted ship had three yards on each mast for the square sails, making nine in all.
- They could see Bowles and they waited, bracing themselves against the yard should the two ships collide.