- 1 1.1 (of school, prison) patio (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (of house) (British English/inglés británico) patio (masculine); (garden) (American English/inglés norteamericano) jardín (masculine)
More example sentences1.3
- Five or six trips to the dump yard on the far lands and I stopped for something to eat.
- These traders require access to their stores and yards to run their businesses.
- My father has a little family business, a scrap-metal business with a yard and lorry.
- You may even find some that prove more useful in the yard and garden than in your kitchen.
- So, you have decided to plant rose bushes in your yard or on your patio, porch or balcony.
- You'd get to know them, and pretty soon we were just like anybody else hanging out in the yard.
- 3 (measure) yarda (feminine) (0,91m) it's 100 yards down the road está a unos 100 metros de aquí yard of ale (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) )recipiente esférico de cuello largo que se utiliza en concursos de beber cervezaMore example sentences
- On the half hour mark Brian Pendergast let fly with a right foot shot from twenty yards.
- How many inches equal a yard is not something subject to daily fluctuations on the free or any other market.
- I headed the ball back inside and eventually the ball ended up at my feet 20 yards from goal and I just hit it.
- 5 (spar) [Nautical/Náutica] verga (feminine)More example sentences
- The Captain motioned with his eyes and his head to the main mast top yard.
- The argument is that a three-masted ship had three yards on each mast for the square sails, making nine in all.
- They could see Bowles and they waited, bracing themselves against the yard should the two ships collide.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.