Translation of yardbird in Spanish:
noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar]
- 1.1 (new recruit) recluta mf, conscripto, (masculine, feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 (convict) preso, (masculine, feminine)
- A stitch in one argent yardbird's stripe, probably saves nine.
- Getting the yardbird orchestrating attacks off the street is far more important to the lives of your soldiers than a little wounded pride over a screwed up form.
- The yardbirds are in the throes of rumour-induced psychosis after being gripped by speculation that our entire unit is about to be transported to a faraway place.
- Jim also identified negative effects such as younger inmates being taken advantage of by older predatory yardbirds, and some ultimately becoming cheetos-metamorphoses that Jim doesn't approve of.
- The working convict is a rare exception, sometimes envied because his time is occupied, sometimes derided for his deviance from the yardbird norm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.