Translation of yardbird in Spanish:
noun(American English) [colloquial]
- 1 (new recruit)recluta mfconscripto, (-ta) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America)Example sentences
- A stitch in one argent yardbird's stripe, probably saves nine.
- Getting the yardbird orchestrating attacks off the street is far more important to the lives of your soldiers than a little wounded pride over a screwed up form.
- The yardbirds are in the throes of rumour-induced psychosis after being gripped by speculation that our entire unit is about to be transported to a faraway place.
- 2 (convict)preso, (-sa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Jim also identified negative effects such as younger inmates being taken advantage of by older predatory yardbirds, and some ultimately becoming cheetos-metamorphoses that Jim doesn't approve of.
- The working convict is a rare exception, sometimes envied because his time is occupied, sometimes derided for his deviance from the yardbird norm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.